Toyota (GB) PLC is deemed to be a producer of automotive batteries under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009. We therefore have certain obligations regarding the collection of waste automotive batteries from 1 January 2010.
Under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009 (the Regulations) (Toyota (GB) PLC ) is obliged to collect from a final holder of automotive batteries free of charge from 1 January 2010 any waste automotive battery from a Toyota or Lexus vehicle that we have placed on the UK market, either directly or through one of our retail centres.
The Regulations define an automotive battery as any battery that is used for automotive starter, lighting or ignition power.
The Regulations define a "final holder of automotive batteries" as-
- a person who, in the ordinary course of a trade, occupation or profession removes automotive batteries from vehicles;
- a person who carries on the business of a scrap metal dealer within the meaning given by Section 9(1) of the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 1964
- an authorised treatment facility as defined in Regulation 2 of the End-of-Life Vehicles (Producer Responsibility) Regulations 2005 or
- a waste disposal authority or any person acting on behalf of such an authority in connection with its functions under Section 51 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
Take back procedure
If you are a final holder of automotive batteries and you have a waste automotive battery which comes from a Toyota or Lexus vehicle that was first placed on the UK market by us and you wish to dispose of this battery free of charge from 1 January 2010, then please contact Toyota (GB) PLC Waste Battery Enquiries using the details shown below providing the following information.
- Your name and address including where appropriate your registered company name, number and address.
- Confirmation that you are a final holder of automotive batteries within the meaning of the Regulations.
- The make, chemistry type and, where visible, the serial number of the battery that you want to dispose of (the waste battery).
- If known, the registration number or the vehicle identification number of the vehicle in which the waste battery is fitted or from which it has been taken.
- The present location of the waste battery.
- If different from (1), the name and telephone number of the person who we should contact to arrange for the collection of the waste battery if it is appropriate for us to do so.