- Exporting your vehicle abroad.
- Returning to the UK with a vehicle previously registered in the UK
- Importing your vehicle from the Channel Islands or Northern Ireland
- Registering a vehicle for a Congestion Charge discount or residential permit
- Applying for a taxi or private hire driving licence or permit
- Provide evidence of the exhaust emissions standards of the vehicle
We advise owners not to book an inspection with the PCO office until the necessary documents have been obtained.
TFL (Transport for London) ULEZ Exemption:
- If you have used the TFL Vehicle Checker and your vehicle does not comply to the emissions standards set out by TFL, we are unable to provide you with a letter to confirm emission values.
- If your vehicle originated from outside of Europe (grey import) we are unable to provide you emissions data as the vehicle will not have met European standards and the data is not available to us.
The ULEZ standards are:
- Euro 4 (NOx) for petrol cars, vans, minibuses and other specialist vehicles
- Euro 6 (NOx and PM) for diesel cars, vans and minibuses and other specialist vehicles
Due to the high demand of enquiries, we cannot respond to requests if your vehicle is over 20 years old.