Toyota (GB) PLC and Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. On this page we describe how we may make use of any personal data that you may supply to us when you visit this website
and the Toyota My Finance mobile application (the “My Finance App”). Please read the following to carefully understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Toyota (GB) Plc of Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX are the Data Controller and responsible for the processing of your personal data for the purposes listed below. For full details on how we use your data and your rights,
visit our .
Requesting a Test Drive, Brochure, Get a Quote, booking a service or Contact Us
When you contact us with a request for test drive, quotation, brochure, appointment or any other request for information on Toyota/Lexus products, services or apps via our Toyota/Lexus website or a Toyota/Lexus application, the following rules will apply:
Your Data – We will only collect data that is required to fulfil your specific request. This may include your name, address, email address and telephone number. The forms you completed are designed to only capture the required information to fulfil your request.
Sharing your data – Your data will not be shared with any other company, except for Dealers, when they are required to fulfil your request or if you provided permission. When this happens, we will forward your details to your nearest Dealer. We also use trusted third parties to deliver services on our behalf.
Keeping your data – We will only use your data for fulfilling your request, if you have not separately consented to receiving personalised communications from us, you won’t receive any.
Marketing Communications – Only with your consent If you provide consent to marketing on our website forms or at an Dealership, we will process your data to send you:
• Reminders – related to your vehicle and to renew any services we offer that expires.
• Offers and Events – information related to our latest products and services, which could be relevant for your vehicle or mobility.
• Surveys - send you requests to participate in surveys we undertake with respect to you, your Toyota vehicle and/or the Toyota products and services, which we may follow up on.
How long we retain your data At Toyota (GB) Plc we only retain your data for as long as required by law or where we have an appropriate business justification. Your consent to marketing is not taken as consent to market to you forever,
so if we feel you’re not engaging, we do not take your consent for granted and will supress you after a threshold is reached. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our communications at any point by contacting us directly, unsubscribing
or completing our unsubscribe form. We will either remove you when the retention period has reached or on request.
Is the data shared with anyone? We only share your data with Dealers, providers of services for things such as warranties, insurance, financial services and we also use third party hosted systems to enable us to deliver our services effectively.
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) – When you provide your permission to personalised marketing communications we share your information with TME, as they provide system support to us and allow us to manage your preferences. TME also manage certain systems on our behalf, request certain business-related information from us to undertake European wide analysis of our customers experience and satisfaction.
Third Party System Providers – We also use approved third-party system providers who help us deliver our services, such as manage your preferences, help us communicate to our customers and understand our demographics and customer preferences better. We ensure that there are contracts in place with these Data Processors that include appropriate security and privacy contractual clauses and controls to protect your personal data.
Data Processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your personal data will be processed outside of the EEA, as we use Salesforce Marketing Cloud, which is hosted in the United States of America. To ensure we have adequate safeguards in place we have signed up to standard contractual clauses on the processing of your personal data.
Want to know more?
Toyota (GB) Plc, which also includes Lexus UK, respects your privacy. Whether you deal with Toyota (GB) Plc as a customer, a consumer, a member of the general public, a partner, supplier or staff member, you are entitled to the protection
of your Personal Data.
This Policy applies to all the processing of your Personal Data across the services we deliver at Toyota (GB) Plc and all of the different platforms we use to deliver those services such as online applications, websites, portals, sales and marketing activity and social media platforms. Data captured and processed at a Toyota Dealership is managed separately, which is further described below.
We’ve taken a layered approach to inform you how we deal with your data, as we recognise it can all be a little confusing at times. Therefore, this Policy is accompanied with privacy notices, which provide you with more specific and concise information on that particular area.
Capitalised terms refer to standard terms set out in within the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Toyota (GB) Plc of Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX is the Data Controller and responsible for the processing of your data.
However, please note that we also process your data, dependant on your relationship with us, to different data controllers, which form part of the Toyota Group but are separate legal entities and will have their own processes and procedures for handling your data. See Data Controllers Section.
Who can you contact in case you have questions or requests?
Toyota (GB) Plc has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is available to handle any questions or queries you may have relating to the processing of your data, this Policy and associated Privacy Notices.
The DPO can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Toyota (GB) PLC Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX.
At Toyota (GB) Plc we collect personal data directly from you when:
You request a Test Drive, Brochure, Vehicle Valuation or complete a form on our websites.
This data is often shared between Toyota entities and your local dealership, to provide you with the best possible products, services and offers based on your requirements and preferences. This includes:
• Personal identifying information: full name, title, address (private and/or professional), previous addresses, telephone number (residential, business), e-mail address, nationality.
• Personal characteristics: age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, occupation, and marital status.
• Vehicle information: current and previous brand and type of vehicle, Vehicle Identification Number, Number plate, selected optional equipment, purchase, rental or leasing.
• Lifestyle: details on the consumption of goods or services, behaviour of the individual or his/her family, social contacts, complaints, incidents or accidents, use of media and means of communication, incl. Facebook account, Twitter account, LinkedIn account, Instagram...
• Household Composition: Marriage or present form of cohabitation, name of the spouse or partner, details of other members of the family or household.
• Hobbies and interests: Leisure activities and interests: hobbies, sports and other interests.
• Affiliations: Affiliations to charitable or voluntary organisations, motability, clubs, associations and groups.
• Marketing Preferences: We will often ask whether you would be interested in the latest news, offers and events via email, post, SMS and telephone communications.
You request a Test Drive, Brochure or complete a form on our partners’ websites.
This data is provided by you and collected by our third-party partners. It includes:
• Personal identifying information: full name, title, address (private and/or professional), telephone number (residential, business), e-mail address.
• Marketing Preferences: We will often ask whether you would be interested in the latest news, offers and events via email, post, SMS and telephone communications.
We need to verify your ID or driver’s licence (e.g. test drives, replacement car). Data that will be collected from you can include:
• IDs assigned by us, types of formal identification data such as passport, driving license and utility bills
Such data will only be used for the specified purpose at the point of collection.
You use our connected and autonomous car services.
The following data can be collected:
• If you have a Toyota vehicle with an on-board Internet connectivity functionality, identification information requested by the mobile network operator which provides the Internet connectivity service (e.g. copy of ID documents, debit/credit card details);Geolocation information linked to your Toyota vehicle and/or your smartphone (e.g. GPS location, planned destination);
• Driving behaviour (e.g. driving logs, journey logs, driving speed, acceleration and brake speed);
If you do not want your Toyota vehicle’s geolocation data to be used, you can activate the “Privacy Mode” through your MyTotota account at any time. If the “Privacy Mode” is active, we will cease to use such geolocation data. However, please note, once activated this will apply to all services relying on geolocation, which could mean they are unavailable, or their quality and accuracy may be affected. You can check the current status of the “privacy mode” through your MyToyota account.
You purchase or apply for a financial service offering or insurance (including online).
The following data can be collected;
• Financial features (only in relation with financial services offerings): Income/possessions of Data Subject and his/her partner, solvency, assessment of income, financial status, credit rating, details relating to insurance, professional activities of the data subject and their partner, conventions and agreements.
• Housing characteristics: Address of housing, housing type, own house or leased, length of stay at this address, rent, charges, classification of housing, valuation details, names of key holders.
You correspond with us through our call centres (e.g. for customer queries).
We might record the calls in order continuously improve the quality of our services:
• Sound recordings: Recording on tape, call recording.
You attend special events (e.g. reveal of new car). Toyota might take pictures and create video content containing featuring individuals in the area:
• Image recordings: Films, photographs, video recordings, digital photos.
You interact with Toyota through online channels (e.g. website).
The following information can be captured (in accordance with the cookies policy):
• Electronic identification data, IP addresses, cookies, session cookies, your behaviours and usage of our website.
You use a specific login from your own social media on a Toyota (GB) Plc tool (website, portal, blog).
Your use of such social media means that you have allowed the communication and collection of this information.
We remind you that publication on social media may have certain consequences, including for your privacy or for the privacy of persons whose personal data you share. You are fully responsible for your publications and Toyota (GB) Plc will not have any responsibility and liability in this regard.
We process your data based on the lawful grounds listed below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
• Contact you from time to time about Toyota’s products, offers and events that we think might be of interest to you. On occasion we will also invite you to participate in research and customer satisfaction activities. We will send these communications by email, phone, SMS or post.
For the avoidance of doubt, you will always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal data where it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases, service subscriptions and other transactions entered into with us (or our authorised dealer network and affiliates).
We may use and process your personal data, as set out below, where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so. We will always ensure this legitimate interest is not outweighed by your privacy rights and that the use of your personal data is duly communicated to you in the privacy notice related to that processing.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
• To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
• To provide service, maintenance and warranty information and reminders, unless you object;
• Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ and drivers’ needs to analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, customer service centre and authorised affiliates and subsidiary companies are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally).
• To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so.
• We may analyse your personal data to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can tailor our products and services and target our communications in a way that is timely and relevant to our customers. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. This allows us to be more focused, efficient and cost effective with our resources and reduces the risk of someone receiving information they may find inappropriate or irrelevant. We are committed to putting you in control of your data so you are free to opt out of your information being used in this way at any time.
• For product development purposes (for example to improve vehicle quality, performance and safety);
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness or our campaigns.
• To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry. We will only contact you with information about our own product and services, which we hope you will live. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
• To send you information on our extended warranty and roadside assistance products where you are benefiting from a current Toyota service and it is about to expire. You have the right to object to us sending this information at any time;
• To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained business contact details from our authorised dealer network and affiliates.
• To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals who’s details it has received from us.
• To provide you with tailored advertising, based on your location, through your television subscription service. For example, delivering an advert ahead of an event at your local dealership. As part of these adverts, we also carry out quality and frequency checks, such as whether adverts were displayed correctly and how often particular adverts have been shown. You can choose not to receive this kind of tailored advertising by contacting us to opt-out or managing your preferences through your television service provider.
• To contact you when your local Toyota Centre opens, closes or moves premises.
Processing is necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
• To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
• To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example, where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
• For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
• To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
Our Legal Obligations
• To comply with the law, requests from authorities, court orders, legal procedures, obligations related to the reporting and filing of information with authorities, etc.;
• To verify or enforce compliance with Toyota (GB) Plc’s policies and agreements; and
• To protect the rights, property or safety of Toyota (GB) Plc and/or its customers;
• In connection with corporate transactions: in the context of a transfer or divestiture of all or a portion of its business, or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganisation or liquidation of all or part of Toyota (GB) Plc’s business.
To protect the vital interests of you or another person
Sometimes we will need to process your personal data to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
At Toyota (GB) Plc we only retain your data for as long as required by law or where we have an appropriate business justification.
For further information on how long personal data is likely to be kept before being removed from our systems and databases, please contact us using the details provided.
Protecting your personal data
We have implemented a set of technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorised access, use of modification, in addition to protection against accidental loss or damage.
Your personal data will only be processed by a third-party Data Processor if that Data Processor agrees to comply with a set of agreed contractual clauses, in addition to appropriate technical and organisational security measures.
Appropriate security means ensuring controls are in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data:
• Confidentiality: we will protect your personal data from unlawful disclosure to third parties.
• Integrity: we will protect your personal data from being modified by unauthorised third parties.
• Availability: we will ensure that authorised parties are able to access your personal data when needed.
We have put together specific information on how we process cookies in a policy document for you, which is available here.
Depending on the purposes for which we collect your personal data, we may disclose it to the following categories of recipients, who will then process your personal data only within the framework of the purposes detailed below
Within our organisations and our brand environment:
Our affiliates and subsidiary companies:
• Members of our Authorised Dealerships and Authorised Repairers network which you have indicated as preferred Authorised Dealerships or Authorised Repairers, or which are located near you (based on your postcode, address) or which you have been in contact with;
• Toyota Motor Europe (TME) – For personalised marketing communications we share your information with TME, as they provide system support to us and allow us to manage your preferences. TME also manage certain systems on our behalf, request certain business-related information from us to undertake European wide analysis of our customers experience and satisfaction.
Third party business partners:
From time to time, we may disclose your personal data to trusted organisations who handle services on our behalf.
When we disclose your personal data, we take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your personal data comply with data protection legislation and protect your personal data just as we do.
We only disclose the information that is necessary for them to provide the following services:
• Research, advertising, marketing and promotional agencies: to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, promotions and products;
• Roadside assistance service providers;
• Customer contact centres: to help us administer your vehicle protection;
• Providers of IT related services);
Specific contact with our authorised dealerships and repairers
If you purchase a car or another product or service from one of our Authorised Dealerships or Authorised Repairers or if you give them your personal data, you will have a separate relationship with this Authorised Retailer or Authorised Repairer.
In this case, they become the Data controller of your personal Data, possibly together with us. For all questions or requests about the collection and use of your personal Data by one of the Authorised Dealerships or Authorised Repairers, please contact them directly
How is your preferred Authorised Retailer or Authorised Repairer identified?
The preferred Authorised Retailer or Authorised Repairer is chosen either by options you’ve chosen via the settings of your MyToyota account (which you can change at any time), automatically based on location (the nearest to you based on your postcode, address), or your historical contact with our network.
Toyota operates on a global scale and as a result, your personal data may be stored and processed by us or our partners in multiple countries. This is to enable us to deliver our services to you.
When your personal data is transferred to countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area) that do not generally offer the same level of data protection as in the EEA, Toyota (GB) Plc will implement appropriate specific measures to ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data.
We want to be as transparent as possible with you, so that you can make meaningful choices about how you want us to use your Personal Data. To exercise your Rights under Data Protection Law, please use the
Your choices on how you want to be contacted and withdrawing consent
You can make a variety of choices about how you want to be contacted by us, through which channel (for example, email, mail, SMS, phone), for which purpose and how frequently. This can be done by adjusting the privacy setting on the relevant device, updating your user or account profile or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication .
Your Personal Data and Right to Access
You have the right to know whether or not we are processing your personal data, to access that information and additionally specified information regarding how we process your information.
Your Right to Rectification
If you find any mistakes in your personal data, you find it incomplete or incorrect, you may also ask us to correct or amend it. This can be done by providing details of your request to us, using the contact details provided.
Restriction of Processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the Processing of your personal data. This may be whilst we check the accuracy of the information we hold on you. This can be done by providing details of your request to us, using the contact details provided.
Right to Object to Processing
You may also object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or, if you prefer, you can tell us through which channel and how frequently you prefer us to contact you. You may also object to us sharing your personal data with a third party for the same purpose. Opting Out – If we are using your consent to process your data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. You may withdraw your consent by unsubscribing to an email, changing your preferences in your account, visiting our Opt-Out form or using the contact details provided.
Your Right to Erasure
You may want us to delete your personal data. If you do, please provide details of your request to us, using the contact details provided. We will assess your request and if we are able to erase your data we will inform you of the outcome.
Your Right to Data Portability
You have the right to request that data you have provided is sent to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another organisation. This can be done by providing details of your request to us, using the contact details provided.
Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer. If you are unhappy with the response from the Data Protection Officer then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO) whose contact details are: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Live Chat: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/live-chat
Online Form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
We may occasionally make alterations to this policy, which will reflect how we process and look after your data. This is to ensure our commitment to being transparent with you, protecting your information and upholding your rights. If significant changes are made to this Policy or the way in which we process your personal data, we will draw your attention to this either through updates to this Policy on our website, through our service lines or by another means of communication such as email.
Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC will be referred to as “we” “us” or “our”
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal data.
We may update or amend this policy at any time.
About personal data
‘Personal data’ is also referred to as ‘personal information.’ It is any information about a person that identifies that person or enables that person to be identified. Personal data is not data or information where the identity of a person has been removed, this is anonymous data.
Because we will determine the purposes, means of use and processing of your personal data, under data protection law we are a data controller. If we use and process any personal data that relates to and is about a person, under data protection law that person will be a data subject.
If you fail to provide personal data when we need it we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations. As a result, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, we will notify you under these circumstances.
If you provide personal information about another person, for example about a person who is a joint product holder or beneficiary or a person who has agreed to indemnify or guarantee your performance under a contract, you must have permission from the other person to provide it.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
About us and what we do
Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales (Company number: 02299961). Its registered address is: Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UZ
We offer and provide finance products and solutions to our customers, primarily in relation to the sale of Toyota brand vehicles and Lexus brand vehicles.
We operate under and using our primary trading names ‘Toyota Financial Services’ and ‘Lexus Financial Services.’
Our finance products are for new and used vehicles, and for private customers and business customers. Examples of the types of finance products we offer are:
© Toyota (GB) PLC is a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 0916634 with its registered office at Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey,
Toyota (GB) PLC is a member of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC. Registered Office: Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5UZ. Registered in England with Number 02299961. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.