Request a service
Shop online now
Find your dealer
Contact us

Toyota Loves
importing and exporting

If you’re moving abroad or moving back home, and want to bring your Toyota with you, we’d love to help. There’s a fair amount of legal paperwork involved in the process (as you can imagine), and it can get a little complicated. But we’re here to help you in any way we can. In fact, we’ve created a guide to show you just what you need to do.

Toyota loves logo


Within Europe 

Vehicles originating from another country within the European Economic Area.

Any vehicle being imported into the UK for a period of longer than six months must be registered with the Drivers Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

The DVLA will require a Certificate of Conformity. If no Certificate of Conformity is available the vehicle is likely to require an Individual Vehicle Approval certificate.

Contact details for selected national Toyota offices can be found at

Outside Europe

Vehicles originating from any country outside of Europe.

Any vehicle being imported into the UK for a period of longer than six months must be registered with the DVLA.

As no Certificate of Conformity will be available for your vehicle, it is likely that an Individual Vehicle Approval certificate will be required. This can be arranged through the DVSA.

The only exceptions to this are any vehicles that were manufactured more than 10 years ago (such vehicles will only require a current MOT certificate).

Further information about the application process can be found at


From the United Kingdom including the Channels Islands and Isle of Man

To register your vehicle in another country you’ll need to provide a Certificate of Conformity (or other appropriate type approval evidence) to the local registration authority.

Toyota are generally able to supply a Certificate of Conformity in English. Certificate of Conformities are currently only available for:

• Passenger vehicles manufactured for most models from 1996 onwards

• Commercial vehicles manufactured for most models from 2010

To obtain a Certificate of Conformity, you will need to:

• Email providing all appropriate details including the Vehicle Identification Number

• Attach a copy of the vehicle registration document

• Provide your full postal address and contact details

This certificate is provided free of charge to the original owner as verified on our records. A fee of £75.00 including VAT is payable to subsequent owners.

Applications will normally be processed within 3-5 business days upon receipt.